I feel like I’ve already celebrated more of Halloween this year than in that last several years combined. Last weekend a group of friends and I wore lederhosen at Oktoberfest; this Thursday we’re donning western wear for line-dancing; and Friday night we’re dressing up as Rockettes for a neighborhood party. That being said, it felt like time to begin preparations for the other best part of Halloween: the treats. I whipped up a batch of these Rice Krispie Treats Halloween Pumpkins, which are so easy and so quick, so the only thing left to think about is the costumes for the main day. Let the festivities begin!
3 T. butter
4 c. mini marshmallows
4. c. Rice Krispie Treats cereal
Orange food coloring (or I mixed red with yellow)
1. Melt butter on low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until melted.
3. While stirring, add drops of food coloring until desired orange color appears.
4. Add in Rice Krispie Treats cereal and stir until combined with marshmallows.
5. Form into small ‘pumpkin’ balls and add a chocolate chip on each.
P.S. Related: more treats — coconut macaroons.