≡ Menu

One New Thing: Seaplane Ride Over Seattle

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Sunday morning was quite possibly one of my favorite experiences to date  — a seaplane ride over the city of Seattle. Early that morning, a few friends and I grabbed brisk-morning coffees and drove north of the city, where we boarded a little yellow seaplane and ventured out into the water. I have to say, I was a *teensy* bit nervous beforehand, but as soon as we started coasting, it was the smoothest, most peaceful flight I’ve ever been on. We coasted up over Lake Washington, circled above the Space Needle, dipped sideways over the two famous Seattle stadiums, and glided over Alki Beach. It was the clearest, sunniest Seattle morning, and I’ve pretty much been smiling thinking about it ever since. I find it hard to do the experience justice with words, so I’ll let the pictures say the rest…

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

seaplane ride over seattle 16

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

seaplane ride over seattle 4

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

This is part of a series about trying one new thing every month. Past posts include hot yoga, kayaking, rock climbing, glass blowing, paddle boarding and more…

P.S. Related: another birds-eye view of Seattle from the tallest building.

{ 8 comments… add one }

• Steffan February 12, 2015, 7:57 am

This is so awesome, looks like a really unforgettable experience! … Uncle who lives up there is always posting pictures of hiking, Rainier, etc. I think I need to move to Seattle! :)

• Jessica February 12, 2015, 5:35 pm

Thanks Steffan! Yeah it’s a pretty incredible city with all its outdoor possibilities. At least worth a visit! (:

• Vickie February 12, 2015, 10:39 am

What a fun adventure you had! My husband is from Seattle and all of his family is there. Yea, I know…why aren’t we up there? Someday. It was
    interesting to see that you flew over Alki Beach! Not too many outsiders know about this quaint little beach. Check out Alki Surf Shop next time you are there….on the ground!
    I love your posts! Always interesting and wonderful!
    Enjoy your day! ~ Vickie

• Jessica February 12, 2015, 5:37 pm

Thank you Vickie! I will definitely check out the surf shop — last summer I spent a day laying on the beach and reading at Alki for the first time, and loved how quaint it was! Tons of little bicycles and shops all over the place. Once the weather warms up I’ll put it on my list again. Thanks for writing! (:

• Gina February 12, 2015, 11:21 am

Were you taking pictures with your iPhone? They’re awesome!

• Jessica February 12, 2015, 5:38 pm

Thanks lovely! Yup, iPhone all the way for me haha. At least for now…

• Ashley Lauren February 12, 2015, 7:50 pm

Gorgeous! This city sparkles from every angle :)

• Jessica February 13, 2015, 7:03 am