I recently teamed up with my friend, Lisa, from The Skinny on Health to make a VIDEO (!) of a springtime summer facial. The facial is not only all natural and easy to make at home, but it utilizes fresh ingredients that are in season this time of year and great for your skin:
– Rhubarb: The star player, packed full of vitamins and ascorbic acid
– Pineapple: Full of amino acids, vitamin C, and collagen to tighten skin
– Lemons: Their citric acid brightens skin, fights acne and moisturizes
– Mint: Cooling with a refreshing scent
– Greek Yogurt: Antibacterial + full of zinc to fight blemishes and tone
Check out our video below…
To make the facial yourself, we recommend the following quantities:
Ingredients (makes 2 facials, keeps in the fridge for 2 days):
– Rhubarb (2 T.)
– Pineapple (2-3 chunks)
– Lemon (2 slices)
– Mint (2-3 leaves)
– Greek yogurt (3 oz.)
Check out the video above to see how to make one at home. And be forewarned — if you don’t act quickly to get this facial on your skin, it makes for a pretty tempting smoothie alternative. (: Enjoy!
Do you have any homemade facial recipes you recommend?